- This event has passed.
NPO CONNECT May Meeting: Developing a Case for Support for Successful Grant Writing
May 26, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
NPO CONNECT May Meeting
Developing a Case for Support for Successful Grant Writing
Please join Melanie Lambert to learn how to develop and use a concise and engaging case for support to improve the quality of your grant requests and build strong relationships with grantmakers.
Do you often feel as though your nonprofit is constantly shifting funding priorities? Does everyone respond to the “What do you need money for?” question with a different answer or no real answer at all? There is a solution to get your nonprofit’s fundraising strategy organized and an absolute must before launching a grant writing campaign. The single most important document your nonprofit needs before writing grant requests is a case for support. With a well-written, organized, and compelling case for support, your nonprofit can be confident that you are prepared to answer any question from a potential funder with responses that inspire long-term support and impactful contributions.
In this webinar, we’ll cover:
- Why cases for support are critical to a nonprofit’s fundraising success, particularly grant writing
- Best practices for drafting a high-quality case for support with grant writing in mind
- How to manage your time and tasks to develop a case for support in three months or less
- Using the content from your case for support in grant proposals
- Ways to engage foundations in your overall campaign beyond their grant support
- What donors and grant-makers expect from your case for support
Meet the Speaker:
Melanie Lambert is a wife, mother, and entrepreneur. After a successful career in nonprofit fundraising for over a decade, she launched TurnKey Writing Solutions, a virtual grant writing company, in May 2017. As Managing Director, Melanie works with nonprofit organizations to build a grant fundraising strategy in a unique way that is both affordable and flexible. The company’s goal is to help nonprofits save time, spend less, and raise more.
Melanie holds a Bachelor of Arts in Communications degree from Reinhardt University. She and her husband, Kris live in Cartersville, Georgia with their five-year-old son, two-year-old son, and are expecting a third baby boy in July.