- This event has passed.
NPO CONNECT August Meeting: Conduct a Successful Strategic Planning Process in a Post-COVID World
August 5, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
Please join us for our virtual NPO CONNECT August meeting. We will hear from Nonprofit Capacity-Building Expert, Dr. John Curtis. This highly relevant and timely session on strategic planning will cover new ground and provide specific strategies to leverage this era of social isolation.
LET’S TALK ABOUT:
How To Conduct a Successful Strategic Planning Process in a Post COVID World.
- Understand four different approaches to planning and which fits your organization
- Explore the do’s and don’t’s of a SWOT Analysis or Environmental Scan
- Determine the role of Staff and Board in the planning process
- Identify the role of vision, mission, values, goals and objectives in successful planning
- Recognize why planning fails and the essential steps to avoid the pitfalls
MEET THE SPEAKER:
John Curtis, Ph.D. founded IOD, Inc. in 1986 and he has 30+ years of experience providing a wide array of capacity building and fundraising consulting services to nonprofit organizations of all types and sizes. He also teaches fundraising, strategic planning, board development, and change management for the Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy at Rollins College in Florida, the Georgia Center for Nonprofits and the Duke Nonprofit Management Program in North Carolina and Virginia.