Roanoke Valley Gives will take place on Wednesday, March 10 ,2021 from 12:00 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.
It is a day of community giving! One of the primary goals is to empower those who love the community to easily support their favorite causes or charitable organizations.
Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia has teamed up with GiveGab for this annual event to allow you to give directly to participating nonprofit organizations that positively impact our community every day.
So, mark your calendars and “give where you live”!
What is the goal of
Roanoke Valley Gives?
Community Foundation Serving Western Virginia has set a goal to generate $900,000 for participating Roanoke Valley nonprofit organizations in a 24-hour period. Additionally, Foundation for Roanoke Valley is investing funds to establish the incentive prize pool with a goal of generating over $50,000 from the corporate community and fundholders to provide prize money (in the form of grants) to participating nonprofits. This incentive prize pool is a great way to build excitement and maximize the benefits for donors and participating nonprofits!
Would you like to support Roanoke Valley Gives? Click here to learn more about this day of giving !
Why are we doing this?
To empower the community to be more engaged in philanthropy by:
- bringing as many people as possible together around giving
- showing Roanoke Valley’s spirit of giving
- raising awareness in the community about the many services our nonprofit community provides
- creating more unrestricted dollars in an economy where more is being required with fewer resources
- to build the next generation of philanthropists for the Roanoke Valley.
Roanoke Valley Gives
Please contact Carly Oliver or Kaitlyn Van Buskirk to begin. Sponsorships are available at a variety of levels.
Click here to learn more about Roanoke Valley Gives Sponsorship Opportunities and benefits. (2019 COMING SOON!)
Are you a Foundation fundholder? Click here to download a grant recommendation form and support Roanoke Valley Gives!
Please return sponsorship forms to Kaitlyn Van Buskirk, P.O. Box 1159, Roanoke, VA 24011.
Who can participate?
- Anyone can make a donation to participating nonprofits; however, all donations MUST BE made on the Roanoke Valley Gives website (rvgives.org). Only gifts of $10 or more made on the Roanoke Valley Gives website will be counted toward incentive prizes.
- A 501(c)3 organization that:
- is located in and serves the counties of Botetourt, Craig, Franklin, Roanoke and/or the cities of Roanoke and Salem
- registers and establishes a profile on the Roanoke Valley Gives website, rvgives.org with GiveGab.
- commits to actively participate in Roanoke Valley Gives day.